Are you looking for new ideas on how to implement ICT into your Language lessons?
Do you want to gain better speaking skills by talking with a Native English or German speaker?
Upgrade Your Language Lessons
for ALL language teachers
Upgrade Your Language Lessons – Gain New Pedagogical Skills
This is specially designed training course
for ALL language teachers and English as a second language teachers
Are you looking for new ideas on how to implement ICT into your lessons? Do you want to gain better English, French or German speaking skills by talking with a native speaker? Is there a certain area in which you would particularly want to focus? Would you like to obtain new ideas as well as share your own experiences regarding how to plan and organize language lessons? Do you want to update your pedagogical approach and let the learners be more creative in their own learning process? Would you like to know more learning games? Become more comfortable in using ICT in listening comprehension exercises and vocabulary tests? And of course we are not forgetting “moving and activating” types of classroom games.
If you have said “yes” to any of these questions you should join us on this in-service course. Let us upgrade your language lessons together. Let us gain new skills and update pronunciation too. Together we will change the way we teach!
This "Upgrade Your Language Lessons - Gain New Pedagogical Skills -course
aims to deliver new ideas and show better ways to implement tablets into everyday teaching and learning as well as making you more confident in the way you use and speak English (or German). Even Language Teachers need to update their skills from time to time. With us you will acquire new learning games, teaching tools, apps or ‘know-how’ in order to deliver lessons in easier ways. These are the achievable goals for the week –and all delivered in a wonderful atmosphere!
The course focuses on English (spoken language), English Culture, iPads, co-sharing ideas and pedagogical methods.
1) Gain More Knowledge of English Language and Culture – Native talks & Pronunciation
2) ICT: Tablets or/and Smart Phones in Language Lessons – New Ideas and Best Practices
3) Share and learn from the other European language teachers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Update your English skills – talk to a native (including private talks)
- Learn more ICT skills – what kind of apps there are for teaching English
- Learn how to implement ICT, tablets and smart phones into your lessons
- Implement creative learning tools and update your pedagogical approach
- Use new tools for exams, listening comprehension and vocabulary tests
- Activate your learners by using different learning games – let’s make learning fun
- How to activate learners to speak – what would a native speaker do?
- Get tips on how to update your own lessons – reflection talks
- English culture and study visits.
Lectures, group/pair work, hands-on sessions, workshops, talks, study visits and private talks.
Language Teachers & English as a Second Language Teachers from all school levels
DATES & LOCATION:
1. course 8.-13.4.2018 (FULL)
2. course 21.-26.10.2018 (CONFIRMED, still few places left!)
Duration: 5 ½ days
The course will be held in English.
WHAT TO BRING:
- An iPad or Android tablet
- One learning material to be shared and updated
- The course focuses mainly on iPads, but most of the examples, apps & ideas will also fit the needs of the Android users.
You can apply for European Union’s Erasmus + funding for the course from your national EU Agency. The Erasmus + Ka 1 program covers most of the costs, including:
- travel costs:
Depend on the distance: to and from the course town.
- accommodation and food money
The daily allowance is based on the destination and its living costs (75-120€/day)
- course fee:
70€/per training day / personal expenses
+ 350€/person in the organization.
Please apply money from your local EU representative.
Alternatively you can visit:
the official Erasmus+ website Click Here
Other Erasmus+ websites Click Here
Your Local EU representative will have
the Erasmus+ documents available in your native language
just like this one in Finland (National Board of Education's Cimo).
Let's update the way our learners study, learn and we teach! For the record, we don't throw away the good old methods & hands-on sessions - we simply upgrade and update them!
The course fee includes: course city info, the course agenda, training (7h/per day), course material, cultural events, study visits, social events, course certificate and Europass signatures
as well as help and online assistance pre and after the course.
690€ / participant
Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodation (we will offer a hotel group booking option) and food supply expenses. Participants can pay the course fee by themselves or apply for an Erasmus+ KA1 funding.
Please bear in mind that you can only use Erasmus+ funding by travelling to another EU country.
You can't use Erasmus+ KA1 funds for a training in your country.
ORGANIZER & TRAINERS:
The course will be organized by a Finnish summer school company called piTRY Education & TRYcamps. The owner of the summer school company has been working in the field of education since the 90’s and is widely experienced regarding language travel and EU-projects & Erasmus+ courses.
Mr. Petri Ilmonen
piTRY Education & TRYcamps Language School Founder & Director
Mrs. Tup Bertley
Native ESL-Teacher, Head Teacher
Mr. Thomas Tröbinger and/or Mr. Karl Bäck
ICT in Education Specialists
The course's agenda includes cultural & social events
- Let's have fun together!